DS Tennis Booster Club announces tennis scholarship winners
The Dripping Springs Tennis Booster Club announced the winners of its 2019-2020 school year scholarships. The winners are:
- Thane Johannsen. Awarded $1000. He will be attending University of Texas at Austin.
- Owen Tuohy. Awarded $750. He is undecided on a college choice at time of press.
- Jeffrey Walker. Awarded $500. He will be attending Texas Tech.
- Tyler Cave. Awarded $500. He will be attending Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
- Matthew McBurney. Awarded $250. He will be attending A&M University at College Station.
The scholarship fund was established in 2018 by the DS Tennis Booster Club for the purpose of “providing financial assistance to senior members of the Dripping Springs High School team, and furthering their education.”
The scholarship winners were selected by a panel of three community members based on academics, leadership & community service, and a tennis essay.
“Our biggest supporter of this scholarship is the Polo Tennis Club,” DS Tennis Booster Club member Beth Caldwell said. “They have a Davis Cup Classic tennis tournament every September with a casino night which the casino night proceeds benefit the DSHS tennis scholarship. Other smaller funds came from the DS tennis booster club members.”