County looks to set early voting dates and locations today
Early voting dates, times and locations for the March 3 primaries could be finalized at this week’s Hays County Commissioners Court meeting.
The commissioners are set to discuss and take possible action to adopt the early voting schedule during Tuesday’s meeting.
The commissioners could approve the following dates and times for early voting throughout Hays County. Monday, Feb. 17 - Friday, Feb. 21 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 22 from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 23 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.; and Monday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 28 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The court will consider action to approve the following early-voting locations:
• Dripping Springs: Hays County Precinct 4 Office, 195 Roger Hanks Parkway.
• Austin: Ledgestone Senior Living, 13152 Four Star Blvd.
• Wimberley Community Center, 14068 Ranch Road 12 and Wimberley ISD Administration Building, 951 Farm-to-market 2325.
• Buda: Buda City Hall, 405 East Loop St. and Mc-Cormick Middle School, 5700 Dacy Lane.
• Kyle: Austin Community College Campus Hays, 1200 Kohlers Crossing; Chapa Middle School, 3311 Dacy Lane; Hays CISD Administration Office, 21003 Interstate 35, Kyle City Hall, 100 West Center St.
• San Marcos: Hays County Government Center, 712 South Stagecoach Trail; Hays County Health Department/Live Oak Health, 401 Broadway St. #A; Sinai Pentecostal Church, 208 Laredo St.; and Texas State University - LBJ Student Center, 301 Student Center Dr.
In other business, the commissioners will consider authorizing the execution of a statement of work and participating addendum with Securus Technologies, LLC. utilizing the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) ValuePoint Master Agreement related to inmate kiosks and communications at the county jail. The agenda item states that “The sheriff is requesting authorization to contract with Securus Technologies for the Inmate Kiosks and Communication Services. Securus is currently providing this service and will be able to expand on the current system in order to accommodate the new jail facility expansion. As required, Hays County has received authorization from the Director of the Texas Statewide Procurement Division to utilize the NASPO ValuePoint Master Agreement with Securus Technologies by way of a Participating Addendum.”
The commissioners will also consider possible action to authorize the execution of a Master Service Agreement between the county and Securus Technologies, LLC. for tablet service and application in the jail facility. According to the agenda item, “The sheriff is requesting authorization to contract with Securus Technologies for the Inmate Tablets and Applications. Securus is currently providing this service and will be able to expand on the current system in order to accommodate the new jail facility expansion.”
Today’s meeting begins at 9 a.m. at the Hays County Historic Courthouse, room 301, located at 111 East San Antonio St.